Conception Abbey exists in order to:
- Praise God and become more Christ-like through a common life as given in the Rule of St. Benedict.
- Cultivate a love of liturgy and the divine office.
- Proclaim the Good News of salvation.
- Prepare seminarians for the priesthood and as lay leaders to meet the needs of the Church.
- Minister in Christ-like service to all people through the Abbey Center for Prayer and Ministry, the Printery House and parishes, hospitals and convents.
- Be open in ministry to rural people through wise stewardship of the land and natural resources.
- Be ready to found new communities of Benedictine life, wherever the Holy Spirit and the Church call.