#GivingTuesday at Conception Abbey
Each year, Conception Abbey and Tri-C Partners 4 Progress partner together to make Christmas morning a little brighter for local families. For eight years, the #GivingTuesday event has been a highlight of the holiday season, raising money and collecting donations that will be used to purchase gifts and other items for local families in need. This year's event will be held:
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
(There will NOT be an in-person event this year. Read below how you can participate!)
The 2020 #GivingTuesday event will look a bit different this year. Though we are unable to host a large gathering, Conception Abbey and Tri-C Partners 4 Progress are collaborating with community groups and organizations to make the #GivingTuesday efforts come to fruition.
This year, we have adopted eight local families. We will provide them with gifts to put under their trees, stuffed stockings, and even a decorated Christmas tree for their homes. We welcome donations for these families.
[su_button url="http://www.conceptionabbey.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/GivingTuesday_AdoptedFamilies_2020.pdf" target="blank" background="#002856" size="7" center="yes" title="See our list of adopted families"]See our list of adopted families[/su_button]
We will also collect personal care items, baby care items, cleaning products, and nonperishable food items to donate to these adopted families and to other donation centers in the area.
So how can you be a part of this effort to support the families and individuals in our area who may need a little extra help this Christmas season to provide for their families? And how does this year’s event look different than in years past?
Here’s what you need to know!
- When you're shopping over the next few weeks, add items on the families’ Christmas lists to your cart. You can also donate baby care items, cleaning products, nonperishable food items, and personal care items.
- Drop off your donations at Conception Abbey in the entryway to St. Raphael Hall anytime between now and #GivingTuesday on December 1. Just inside the door, you will find totes earmarked for different items we are requesting. If you would rather hand-deliver them to a person, please contact Trish Wiederholt.
- Spread the word on social media, or message your families and friends to join you in the effort.
- Volunteer to accomplish tasks ahead of time to make #GivingTuesday efforts happen. See a list of examples below, and contact Trish Wiederholt.
- We’ll take it from there! We will take all of your generous donations, sorting, wrapping, and distributing them in time for Christmas.
- And of course, join us in prayer! This year has brought hardships to many families. Please join us in praying for those making extra sacrifices this year.
If you live too far away or are unable to join us for the event, you can donate by clicking here to help support local families in need.
[su_button url="https://www.conceptionabbey.org/monastery/givingtuesday-donations/" background="#002856" size="7" center="yes" title="Make A Donation to our #GivingTuesday Campaign"]Make A Donation to our #GivingTuesday Campaign[/su_button]
You can also help promote giving on #GivingTuesday through social media and tell others about how you are giving this holiday season.
If you would like more information or you or your organization would like to sponsor the event, contact Trish Wiederholt at (660) 944-2958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, we can make a difference! Here is a list of local community groups and organizations rising to the challenge this year.
Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration: making ornaments for Christmas trees
Jefferson C-123 (NHS, 4H, student body): tying fleece blankets and coloring pictures to include with Christmas cards
Stanberry School: coloring pictures to include with Christmas cards
King City School: coloring pictures to include with Christmas cards
Local families: tying fleece blankets in their homes
Tri-C Partners 4 Progress: signing Christmas cards for the elderly in nursing homes and the community, coordinating efforts with local organizations
Conception Abbey and Seminary College: Food donation competition, gift wrapping, donation and gift collection and distribution
Ben's Stockings (Marsha Martin): filling and donating stockings for each adopted family member
Conception Abbey - www.conceptionabbey.org
Tri-C Partners 4 Progress - http://www.tri-c-area.com/ or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TricPartners4Progress
Jefferson C-123 High School - www.jefferson123.org/
KAAN Radio - www.northwestmoinfo.com/
Community Services, Inc. - www.communityservicesinc.org
North Star Advocacy Center - northstarac.org/
Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration - benedictinesisters.org/
Community partners from around the area are busy preparing #GivingTuesday donations.